The Sigma 60-600mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports is the world’s first 10x optical zoom telephoto lens with a tele end of 600mm. Incorporating 25 elements in 19 groups, excellent and consistent image quality can be achieved throughout the entire zoom range. This lens’ intelligent OS featuring the latest algorithm delivers an image stabilization effect of 4 stops. Its optical design ensures maximum correction of magnification chromatic aberration encountered in hyper-telephoto shooting. This offers both high resolution and consistent edge-to-edge performance throughout the entire zoom range. In addition, when shooting at the focal length of 200mm, the Sigma 60-600mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports can also be used for telephoto macro photography, with a maximum magnification ratio of 1:3.3, thanks to its high rendering performance. Its multi-material build, which incorporates magnesium among other components, ensures durability and enhances portability, allowing for comfortable handling of the 10x zoom lens. The zooming mechanism has been engineered to make both smooth rotation and straight zoom possible. Versatile and robust, the new Sigma hyper-telephoto zoom lens is available in Sigma, Canon and Nikon mounts.
INCORPORATING MULTI-MATERIAL TO
ACHIEVE BOTH PORTABILITY AND DURABILITY
To achieve comfortable handling required for a 10x zoom lens while maintaining high optical quality, the SIGMA 60-600mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Sports incorporates multi-material, such as magnesium, CFRP*3, and TSC*4 . The use of these superior materials in the right place reduces the weight of the overall lens to enhance portability and ensure durability.
- *3 Carbon fiber reinforced plastic, a light but strong material used in the interior and exterior fittings of aircraft, among many other applications.
- *4 Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) offers thermal expansion characteristics similar to those of aluminum. Since parts made with TSC expand and contract less due to changes in temperature, they tend to perform better under extreme conditions and help maintain the performance of the lens. TSC also offers outstanding elasticity. Compared to polycarbonate containing 20% glass, TSC offers approximately 70% higher elasticity. Compared to polycarbonate containing 30% glass, it offers 25% higher elasticity. (Comparison is between SIGMA-produced components.)
- water- and oil-repellent coating
Forefront and rear lenses incorporate a water and oil-repellent coating that allows water to be wiped away easily and prevents oil and fat from sticking to the surface, even in challenging shooting conditions. At the same time, the maintenance of the lens surface becomes easier.
- Dust-proof and splash-proof construction
This lens features a highly effective dust- and splash-proof structure with special sealing at the mount connection, manual focus ring, zoom ring,
and cover connection, allowing photographers to work in all types of weather.
- horizontally, vertically, or diagonally—regardless of the position of the lens.
- Based on CIPA guidelines (Measured in 600mm with a 35mm full-size image sensor)
- Intelligent OS
This lens incorporates Intelligent OS*1 adopting the latest algorithm to deliver an image stabilization effect of 4 stops*2.
- High-speed AF
The HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) ensures high speed and quiet AF.